The health, safety and wellness of our residents, our employees, and the communities we serve, is of the utmost importance to Killam Apartment REIT. As such, we continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and take guidance from the health authorities on best practices.
As of January 2023 there are no current restrictions in place, if there are any further updates we will communicate with residents via Posters in the lobbies of each our or buildings, as well as through our website. Also, we have provided information related to proper hygiene practices and encouraged all residents to follow the protocols set-out by government and health authorities.
We encourage tenants to always practice the following:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use hand sanitizer
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue (throw the tissue away)
- Limit contact with others when you're sick
- Limit touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Don't share items that may have saliva on them like utensils and bottles/glasses
- Clean surfaces like taps, doorknobs, and countertops often
Best Practices if you feel unwell:
- Avoid building social rooms and fitness facilities if your building has these amenities
- Avoid close contact with people with chronic conditions, compromised immune systems and older adults
- Avoid having visitors to your home
- Avoid situations like social gatherings, work, school, daycare, visiting other people who are in a health care facility or long-term care residence
- Limit taking public transit, taxis and ride sharing
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water frequently for at least 20 seconds; use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with your arm when coughing or sneezing
In Case of Illness:
- Tenants are to follow protocols set by local and nation health authorities and government agencies
Emergency Response: Pandemic Illness Planning (PIP)
Killam Apartment REIT has developed an internal Pandemic Illness Plan (PIP). The PIP covers areas such as: tenant and employee communication, travel advisories, employee illness protocol, education for supervisors, and business continuity planning. Killam’s PIP will be updated as is required.